- Design and develop functional enhancements to the platform.
- Provide technical inputs into the design and architecture of the SlingCloud Platform based on experience in scalable server applications / big data analytics.
- Monitor project resource allocation for timely milestone delivery.
- Run the daily scrum to track status of milestones and deliverables.
- Escalate and communicate issues timely and thrive to seek quick resolution.
- Build a technical understanding of the SlingCloud platform for team guidance.
- Training and mentoring of fresh inductees.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor and Masters degree in electrical engineering and/or computer sciences.
- Overall 8-10 years’ experience with a minimum 4-5 years of relevant experience managing architecture and development in the area of building scalable server applications.
- Expertise and focus on areas related to scalable server applications, big data, log aggregation/analytics, NoSQL, data mining, SQL query language, parsing, DB performance tuning, etc.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies in the big data space like Hadoop, MapReduce, and other NoSQL technologies e.g. Cassandra, Hive, Couch DB, Mongo DB
- Familiar with clustering and partitioning of high volume database and infrastructure details with F5 / DNS load balancing, Akamization.
- Ability to work in a distributed team environment.
- Hands-on expertise in Java, Linux, SQL and modern web frameworks.
- Expertise in managing scrum teams and acting as a scrum master.
- Strong organizational skills, including time management and multi-tasking.
- Bonus Points: CloudBase, Cassandra, Hadoop (MapReduce), AmazonS3, AWS, Cloud, Parsers: EBNF, Antlr3, DSL design, Lucene, Solr, Solandra.