- Extend your living room TV experience in sparkling 1080p high definition.
- Connects to your DVR, cable set-top box or satellite receiver via HDMI and component or composite sources.
- New simplified setup on your TV screen.
- Built in Wi-Fi and IR blasters.
- Sleek, innovative design.
- Watch and control your TV and all of its programming on your compatible smartphone or tablet using SlingPlayer® software*.
- Access your Slingbox from the web on a high-speed Internet-connected PC or Mac.
- On the road, at work or on vacation, anywhere - anytime.
- Enjoy your videos and photos on the big screen at home with SlingProjector™.
- Wirelessly archive** your personal media from your smartphone with SlingSync™.
- Browse and watch movies, videos and photos from your personal media library via My Media***.
- Access your Slingbox media library from anywhere with a PC or Mac, or with SlingPlayer for iPhone.
- Rent the latest movies with the Blockbuster On Demand app**** and stream them to your big screen TV.
- Access over 180 international TV channels in 15 languages and international Sports TV with the DishWorld app****.
Photos and Videos on the Big Screen
With a Slingbox 500 and SlingPlayer on your iPhone or Android phone it's a snap to beam your photos and videos onto the TV. All you need is the latest version of SlingPlayer on your smartphone and you're ready to join the fun.
Your phone needs to be connected to the same home network as your Slingbox 500. After that all you have to do is touch the My Media icon in your SlingPlayer app and choose the photos or videos you want to watch or view on your TV. It's fast and easy. The Slingbox 500 knows just what to do and switches the input automatically without you having to fumble with a remote.
Change the photos on the big screen with a simple swipe gesture on your phone. Or sit back and watch a slideshow or video. Get more out of your TV with the Slingbox 500.
Copy and Archive Photos and Videos
With a Slingbox 500 and SlingPlayer on your smartphone, you can now also wirelessly copy your photos and videos from your phone to an attached USB hard drive and enjoy them on the big screen anytime. To get started, all you need is the latest version of SlingPlayer and a USB storage device attached to your Slingbox.
Connect your smartphone to the same network as your Slingbox 500 and ensure an external hard drive or flash memory stick is connected to the USB port on the back of your Slingbox 500. The rest is easy ��� simply touch the My Media icon in your SlingPlayer app, and select the photos or videos you want to copy to the attached hard drive. Or choose to let SlingPlayer automatically archive all new media from your phone's camera roll every time you connect to your home network and start SlingPlayer.
Your Media Anywhere
With Slingbox 500 and the My Media feature you can browse and enjoy your favorite archived movies, videos, and photos from your personal media library on the big screen in your living room, or from your Mac, PC or iPhone outside of the home. To get started, all you need is the latest version of your Slingbox 500 firmware and a USB storage device attached to your Slingbox. For viewing on the big screen, simply use the Slingbox remote control to access the on-screen menu, select My Media, then choose between videos or photos and browse for the file you want to watch. It's that simple. To access your personal media from the road, us a Mac or PC and point your web browser to watch.slingbox.com. Or use the latest version of SlingPlayer for iPhone and enjoy all your media on the go. Get more out of your personal media and archived movies with Slingbox 500.
*Download sold separately.
**Attached USB storage required.
***For information on supported hard drives, audio/video and image formats, click here.
****Blockbuster On Demand is a premium pay-per-movie service. DishWorld is a monthly subscription based TV service.