Managing your Sling Account
Here's basic information on what's in your Sling Account.
A Sling Account stores your Slingbox information and SlingPlayer settings (like passwords and Favorites) all in one place, making it easy for your Slingbox to "travel with you," so to speak. A Sling Account is required for all current Sling Media software products.
Note: Your Sling Account differs from a DISH Anywhere Account because a DISH Anywhere Account is used with products from DISH Network.
You use your Sling Account to:
- keep track of your Slingbox IDs and passwords
- locate your Slingbox when you're watching your TV away from home
- display your personalized Favorites and program information in the SlingPlayer Guide
- get assistance from Sling Media Support
- register your Sling Media product
How do you get started?
Just create a Sling Account if you don't already have one. Then log in the next time you're asked by SlingPlayer or Watch on Slingbox.com. There's no need to do that more than once: we remember your Sling Account info after you've logged in the first time.
Creating a Sling Account:
- If you are using Watch on Slingbox.com from your computer for initial setup, you will be prompted to set up a Sling Account at the beginning of the process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions for Don't have an account? Sign up.
- If you have a Slingbox 500 and use the on-screen setup, you will set up your Sling Account near the end of the setup process.
Note: We don't sell your information to other companies ... and you don't have to hear from us if you don't want to!
Once you have a Sling Account:
- Log in with SlingPlayer by entering your Sling Account info when prompted.
Your Slingbox settings are automatically downloaded to your computer or to your mobile device.
Your Sling Account syncs with all other Sling Media sites, including:
Changing your Sling Account information:
Go to accounts.sling.com, where you can:
- Update your profile information, including your email address and password
- Update your Slingbox Directory, including:
- Change the Slingbox name or password for a Slingbox PRO-HD or older Slingbox in your directory
- Add a Slingbox PRO-HD or older Slingbox to your directory
- Remove a Slingbox PRO-HD or older Slingbox from your directory
In the very unlikely event that your Slingbox 350, Slingbox M1/M2, or Slingbox 500 does not show up in your Sling Account, you must reset your Slingbox and run through the setup again.