Setting up SlingPlayer Guide
Here's how to get up and running with SlingPlayer Guide, the electronic program guide in SlingPlayer 2.0 for Windows.
When you were first setting up your Slingbox, the Slingbox Setup Assistant configured SlingPlayer Guide by asking you for your zip code and programming source. The SlingPlayer Guide uses this information to show you what's on, based on your location and the programs that your provider offers.
To start SlingPlayer Guide:
- Click the SlingPlayer Guide icon in the SlingPlayer viewing window. SlingPlayer Guide downloads data about your programs, and then displays what's on.
To update or change your location and/or programming source settings:
- Launch the Slingbox Setup Assistant by choosing Setup Assistant from the Settings menu.
- Select the Slingbox that you want to change.
- Enter the password for that Slingbox if you're asked for it.
- Choose Configure Video Sources from the left-side panel of the Setup Assistant.
- In the screen that appears, choose the connection that you want to reconfigure.
- Follow the instructions in the Setup Assistant to re-specify information about your TV equipment.