How to change the network settings on your Slingbox 500
Do you want to connect to a different Wi-Fi network on your Slingbox 500, or to switch to a wired network? Here are step-by-step instructions using the onscreen TV setup.
- Make sure your Slingbox is hooked to the TV with HDMI or component cables.
- Tap the Main Menu or Passthrough button on the Slingbox 500 remote control.
- When the Slingbox 500 main menu appears on your TV, select Settings using the navigation keys, then select Network by clicking OK.
To switch to a wired network
- Connect an ethernet cable from the router to the Slingbox 500.
- From the Internet Settings screen of the onscreen UI, select Connect via Ethernet:
- When you receive confirmation that you're connected, select Done.
To connect to a different Wi-Fi network
- From the Internet Settings screen, select List Wi-Fi networks.
- Choose the network you want to connect to:
Note: For routers that don't broadcast the network name, scroll to the bottom of the list of Wi-Fi networks and select Other. Choose the type of security that your router uses (see your router's manual or its setup for more information), then enter your network name and password, and you're done! Please note that network names are case sensitive.
- Enter the password for your new wireless network and press Connect:
Alternatively, if your router supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), press the WPS button on your router, and then select Wi-Fi Protected Setup on your Slingbox.
- After you receive confirmation that you've connected successfully, select Done.
Now you can return to the Slingbox 500 main menu, and select Live TV to return to watching your TV anywhere!