Are you having problems using the onscreen remote control after a Slingbox Software update?
Your Slingbox was working just fine. Then you updated its Slingbox Software. Now it can't control your video source because the onscreen remote control has stopped working.
Fortunately, the solution is simple:
- On the back of your Slingbox, there's a small button labeled RESET. Quickly press and release it. Don't press it too long, or your Slingbox will go back to its factory settings. A quick press of the button turns the power to the Slingbox off and back on. Most of the time, this resolves the problem.
- If that doesn't help, launch Setup on Slingbox.com. You can use the link on the right side of this page.
- When Setup opens, click Get Started.
- Log into your Sling Account (if you're not already logged in), then click your Slingbox from the list to select it.
- Click Configure Inputs.
- Select the input that your device is connected to, then follow the instructions to reselect the make and model of your video device.
Doing this should reconfigure your Slingbox and reset the remote control.