Troubleshooting an offline Slingbox
If you receive a message indicating that your Slingbox is not remotely accessible, the issue is not with the computer where you're trying to watch. This issue is most likely with your Slingbox or your router at home. Here are some troubleshooting tips to try.
- Make sure your Slingbox is plugged in and the Power and Network lights are on.
- Make sure that your Slingbox is properly configured, and that no firewalls are blocking access.
- Verify that you have Internet access where your Slingbox is located by trying to access other web sites.
- Your Slingbox may be unable to connect to our backend services. Verify that the backend services are functioning properly by checking for notices on support.slingbox.com.
- Verify that your router's firmware is up-to-date and that UPnP or NAT-PMP are enabled.
If none of these suggestions help, see the articles below for further assistance.